Join us as we grow in faith and explore our world.
On Sundays after worship, members of our congregation gather to explore topics ranging from literature to social justice issues. Our congregation includes people with many vocations and interests who willingly share their expertise. We often hold a Summer Seminar to study one book in depth with discussions led by a variety of members. For example, we have studied Voltaire’s Candide and Turgenev’s Fathers and Sons in recent years.
Recent Adult Education programs include:
- Hearing from Dr. Rachel Presti, who has been leading COVID vaccine research for many months.
- The honorable Terry Crow, Mayor of U City and friend of many at Trinity, talked about the Role of Churches in the Loop.
- Ode To…: Examining Beethoven’s Great Testament of Struggle – Led by Trinity’s Christian Hendricks
- An exciting special presentation by former Director of Music at Trinity, Paul Vasile: Reimagining the Role of Music in Worship
- Our Director of Music and Pianist/Organist Christian Hendricks led a short course on music in the twentieth century using the book, The Rest is Noise, by Alex Ross as the guide.
- Member Steven Crumb led a multi-week series on Ibram X. Kendi’s bestseller How To Be an Antiracist,
Trinity’s congregation includes people with many different vocations and intellectual interests: art, science, medicine, music, business, education, social work and the humanities. Our adult education sessions reflect those varied interests.
For information about upcoming Adult Education opportunities, please contact the church office or use our website contact form.